Saturday, May 2, 2009

Texturing In 3D Studio Max

This tutorial I retrieved from the following link and written by Stealth_Snake. During the interim presentation that I didn't finish the texturing process. While I already has some basic understanding of Modelling object in 3D max ( that's can make me cry) so I think this tutorial might be useful for me. Because, I already uninstalled the 3D Max trial version from my PC so I have to go to the computer lab to try it on. Promise to reflect back later when I finished the tutorial and will posted any cool things or trouble issue occured while doing this tutorial.


1.  http://www.republicofcode.com/tutorials/3ds/texture_stealth/

The first thing happen after opening the scene file, took me a second to find where is display button to hide/unhide certain part on the model.Following picture shown where the location/icon for open a display panel in 3D Max 2009.Click on the monitor icon to open the display panel.

Display button in 3DS Max image

field name in 3D Max image

We need to change the standard material editor to multi/subobject. Then,again took me a while to figure out which part of menu needs to click to change it after i press M.Following picture show it where.



2.  http://www.3d-tutorial.com/3d_cola_can_modeling-966.html

3.   http://www.republicofcode.com/tutorials/3ds/unwrap_uvw_mapping

wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment